Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon and 5K
Sunday, May 25th, 2014
New in 2014:
our military service members and their families
will be held as part of the post race activities.
Download 2014 Runners Welcome Letter - it contains all the news you need to know!
2014 Race Results
- Register through GetMeRegistered.com
- Active military can obtain a discount on race entry, use the following discount codes:
- NOTE: A limited supply of discounted entries are available.
- For a $5 5K discount, use code: ACTMIL20145K
- NOTE: You will be asked to show Military ID at packet pickup
Saturday, May 24th
1:00 - 5:00 PM - Expo and Packet Pick-up at USPTO, 600 Dulany St.
6:00 PM - Pasta Dinner, Courtyard Marriott, 2700 Eisenhower Ave.
Sunday May 25th
06:00 AM - Packet Pickup Opens
07:30 AM - Half Marathon Start
08:00 AM - Operation Reinvent 5K Start
08:10 AM - Kid's 1K Fun Run Start
- Half marathon, 5K, and 1K on Eisenhower Avenue, Holmes Run, and Brenman Park areas
- Free parking at the start / finish at U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street, Alexandria VA 22314 | Map with directions
- Fast, scenic, mostly flat and shaded alongside two creeks
- Includes trails, parks, and road running
- Enthusiastic aid station volunteers
- Great food and awards afterwards
- **NEW - 2014 Half Marathon Map
- 2014 5K Map - USATF Certified Course #VA12062RT
- Kids' 1K is out'n'back on Eisenhower Avenue, completely flat
- View our Video on YouTube
- Headphone Policy
- Stroller Policy
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours. Please click here for more details.
- Colorful, technical shirt
- Goodie bag with samples, coupons, & gift certificates
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
- King Suite - $149.00
- King Guest Room $99.00
- Call Marriott Reservations at 1 (800) 321-2211 or (703) 329-2323. Please identify yourself as part of the MCC Alexandria Running Festival group staying at the Courtyard Alexandria Old Town/Southwest, located at 2700 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22314-4553.
- Four aid stations along the course
- 5K runners pass an aid station twice
- Half-marathoners pass aid stations eight times (approximately every one and half miles)
- Each aid station has water and Gatorade
- First aid, course marshals, and EMS bike support on the course as well