Alexandria Running Festival Half Marathon and 5K
Sunday, May 25th, 2014
NOTE from the Race Director:
We are still confirming details with the City of Alexandria and cannot officially advertise of open registration until our permits are issued.
New in 2014:
Alexandria Family Festival a celebration to honor
our military service members and their families.
More details to follow.
- Registration is scheduled to open on January 1st, 2014
- Half marathon, 5K, and 1K on Eisenhower Avenue, Holmes Run, and Brenman Park areas
- Free parking at the start / finish at U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street, Alexandria VA 22314 | Map with directions
- Fast, scenic, mostly flat and shaded alongside two creeks
- Includes trails, parks, and road running
- Enthusiastic aid station volunteers
- Great food and awards afterwards
- 2013 Half Marathon Map
- 2013 Half Marathon Map (PDF Version)
- 2013 5K Map - USATF Certified Course #VA12062RT
- Kids' 1K is out'n'back on Eisenhower Avenue, completely flat
- View our Video on YouTube
- Headphone Policy
- Stroller Policy
- Race Course and Finish Line will be open for 3 1/2 hours. Please click here for more details.
- Colorful, technical shirt
- Goodie bag with samples, coupons, & gift certificates
- Medals to all half marathon finishers
- Four aid stations along the course
- 5K runners pass an aid station twice
- Half-marathoners pass aid stations eight times (approximately every one and half miles)
- Each aid station has water and Gatorade
- First aid, course marshals, and EMS bike support on the course as well